Thursday, June 17, 2010

Shedding hair?

as a new cat owner i have a lot of questions,have received great help from all of you,1 more question one of our toms is shedding a lot of hair,healthy in all other ways appetite is good maybe this is normal,he wont let us brush him,any ideas please



Shedding hair?

Cats shed fur year-round, but especially in the spring. I can't use a regular brush on one of my cats - she runs when she sees me coming with the brush in hand! For her I use a pair of "grooming gloves" I found at the local pet store. They are canvas gloves (like garden gloves) with rubber or plastic pieces on the palms. I just pet her wearing the gloves and I get a lot of fur out that way. The gloves aren't as good or as thorough as a brush, but it sure helps. Plus, she loves the extra petting!



Shedding hair?

If the shedding is a real problem, you may need to take them to a groomer, or ask the vet to brush him on visits. My cats don't like to be brushed either. I thought about seeing if I can get one of those hoods like they use in the vet's office to brush mine. Good luck!



Shedding hair?

When cats are afraid or nervous it seems as if they shed more fur.



Give your cat time. When you are petting him maybe stroke him once or twice with your grooming tool then stop. Make it pleasant for him when you groom him. It shouldn't be stressful for either one of you.



Shedding hair?

you can get one of those mitts that fit on your hand to help brush and it feels like petting and maybe that will help. I have a cat that won't let me brush her either . Cats shed no matter what. I have my two long hair cats shaved in a lion cut in the hot summer months they like it.



Shedding hair?

It's natural for your cats to shed a lot. If it's warm they shed alot. Take it to the groomers if this gets to be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee