Sunday, June 20, 2010

My daughter is mixed white/black origin, hair care is a problem, it's tight curl more on the bl

I'm not sure on the products to use, what brush to use to brush it becuase it is really thick and curly. In general, how to I take case of it



My daughter is mixed white/black origin, hair care is a problem, it's tight curl more on the black side, help!

A wide toothed comb is preferable but for a brush, use a Denman brush (style D4 or D3 are both terrific). They go through tight curls like a hot knife through butter! You can find them at Sally's Beauty Supply or order from their website. Brush her hair only when soaking wet and dripping with conditioner. Start at the ends and work your way up to the roots.



A wonderful website by mixed women about hair care is www.mixedchicks.net - simply gorgeous photos and high quality products that you can buy.



Check out naturallycurly.com for great products. Search the products section for reviews, ratings and prices.



Another good forum for advice on "more on the black side" hair is www.longhaircareforum.com. You will find many mixed, biracial and multiracial ladies who have pictures and journals/how to's. Don't straighten with heat or use chemical relaxers. That's just asking for severe damange in the long run. Nappy, coily hair is interesting, beautiful and she can wear many styles...twists, braids, cornrows. I wash my hair 3-4 times a week with no problem. Wash her hair as you see fit. If that's every day, then fine...you just need the proper tools and moisturizers to make it effortless.



For wonderful advice on highly textured hair check out www.nappturality.com



Organic Root Stimulator makes a moisturizing leave-in cream that is great for detangling and combing and you can find it at Wal-Mart or Sally's. You can find even better products at www.oyinhandmade.com or www.QhemetBiologics.com - a little pricey but so worth it.



Have fun!



My daughter is mixed white/black origin, hair care is a problem, it's tight curl more on the black side, help!

use a wide tooth comb, pink oil moisturizer works well for my daughter



My daughter is mixed white/black origin, hair care is a problem, it's tight curl more on the black side, help!

My sister had the same problem. Wish I could hook you two up to talk, she handles it quite well, I'm just not sure how.



My daughter is mixed white/black origin, hair care is a problem, it's tight curl more on the black side, help!

I have two boys. They're russian, german, black, and indian. Their hair is silky straight like their father's and don't even look black. They look like they're mixed with something but not black. probably asian. Anyway, It's not a tight curl girlie, it's called nappy.You need to straighten it with a hot comb. Put grease in it first. Use a brissled brush, but soft. Keep it braided if need be. Are you white? Oh, yeah pink oil is good for her hair too. Apply it twice a day. Go to the central district by Garfield H.S. This is why alot of black girls wear weeves, and braids cause we are tired of doing this **** everyday. Not because we have no hair!!!!!! White girls don't have to do anything with their hair. I don't want to hear any complaints from white girls. I wish I had your hair.



My daughter is mixed white/black origin, hair care is a problem, it's tight curl more on the black side, help!

Go to a hairdresser and ask for help!



My daughter is mixed white/black origin, hair care is a problem, it's tight curl more on the black side, help!

I'm a black female that has curly hair so hopefully I can help you out since your daughter seems to have what we consider "Black Hair". I would suggest using a wide tooth comb to make it easier to comb through the curls and tangles. As far a the moisturizer, I agree with the other lady on here that suggested "Pink Moisturizer" That't the name of it and it's actually in a pink bottle. My mother used this on my hair growing up as a child. You could also use Pantene Pro V moisturizer. It's in a dark brown bottle. They just made a new line of products for colored people, and i'm telling you it works great on my hair. I use it everyday, and it makes my hair managable for me to comb through and brush. It also adds shine and keeps my hair healthy. It's ok to use this on kids hair because it's just a moisturizer. There is nothing in it that's harsh or too much for her hair. You didn't specify how old your daughter was so only apply the Pantene if she's not a baby. If she's really young like under 3 then I would just use vaseline. I know this is pretty difficult taking care of a child's hair that is so different from your own. It's really not that hard. Just remember that her hair is more on the black side so she won't need to have her hair washed everyday single day. Our hair needs to be washed only once a week because our hair is not naturally oily. You will strip a lot of the oils out of her hair and it will be very dry if you wash it every day. Just wash it once a week, and make sure that you put oil or moisturizer to the scalp so that she doesn't have dryness to the scalp or her hair. That's really all there is to it. If you ever want to email me about this your welcome to talk with me on this subject. I hope I helped. Take care!



P.S



By the way for the a s s- hole that insulted you,



I gladly reported him.



My daughter is mixed white/black origin, hair care is a problem, it's tight curl more on the black side, help!

Learn how to braid hair because she will want to wear her hair in braids a lot, even if it is braided under weave.



cornrow tutorial http://www.itsallgoodhair.com/cornrows.h...



You can practice on her or buy a mannaquin head at a wig shop and practice on it. Cornrows are the basis for weave, and you will save a lot of time, money, and frustration if you can do her weave at home.



Also if you can cornrow you can do microbraids in my opinion, because cornrows are the hardest! When you practice cornrows you learn how to section the hair to keep the rows straight and that will help when you section the micros.



My daughter is mixed white/black origin, hair care is a problem, it's tight curl more on the black side, help!

Some people won't put a relaxer in a childs head but that is what I recommend. They have several products that will loosed the curl if you want. Go to Salley's they have everything you can use in there. The staff is helpful too. I agree with the wide tooth comb. As for a brush you want to use a brush that has bristles on it. It will help keep it together with some oil. As for the oil everyones hair is different. Some oil won't absorb and will just stay on the hair making the hair oily. So you may have to experiment with it. But I seriously recommend loosening the curl. It will make it easier on you and your daughter.



Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee