Sunday, June 20, 2010

Have you taken a domestic flight in the USA lately? I need info.?

I will be traveling in the not so distant future. It is going to take the whole day because I have to fly out of the way and then back track.



The airline is southwest



Carry on restrictions



Can I take the following?



1) A pillow for my neck



2) Hair Brush



3) Hard Chapstick



4) Prescription Mecications (None are liquids all have my name)



5) Sweater



6) Small Back pack



7) Baby wipes or hand wipes if I do not have a baby?



8) Chewing Gum



They have no meals on the flight. They have drinks.



1) Can I take a piece of fruit and a sandwitch



I hear they have a problem with shoes. Which shoes would they like? What shoes do they have a problem with?



Do you know of anything else I should know?



I mailed the gift ahead of us. My boyfriend thought I was crazy, but I did not want to deal with it and have the airline abuse it. It would have taken another whole suitcase .



Have you taken a domestic flight in the USA lately? I need info.?

1) yes



2) yes



3) yes



4) as long as your name is on the bottles



5) yes



6) yes if it fits under the seat



7) not sure



8) yes



as for the food..check with your airline most let you but better to be safe than sorry



About the shoes..when you go thru security they will ask you to take your shoes off and put them n the bin to go thru the scanning thing.



a good web site for all this is www.tsa.gov



Have you taken a domestic flight in the USA lately? I need info.?

I can tell you what my experience was about three weeks ago. At that time (which was right after the London scare) all of those items were allowed, provided that you carried on only one bag and a personal bag. By this they mean a carry-on bag and something similar to a purse, so you could take a small backpack and a carry-on, but not a backpack and a carry-on and a purse. See? We all had to remove our shoes and jackets or sweaters %26amp; put them in a plastic tray before going through the metal detectors. Everybody had to take off their shoes, didn't matter what kind. (Even flip-flops.)



The best advice is to go to tsa.gov and check for the latest updates on travel restrictions. And by the way, the TSA makes those security restrictions, not the individual airlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee