Sunday, June 20, 2010

Does a perm dmagae your hair?

Hi i have tried everything to curl my hair but it never works, the curls always drop out after 2 hours, not good on a night out when your hair ends up looking like you simply havent brushed it



so im contemplating a perm,



does anyone have perms, and know if they are worth getting, or should i steer clear?



Does a perm dmagae your hair?

Let me tell you my own story first, when I was 12 years old I got my first relaxer from my mother, she waited late because she did not want to damage my hair at an early age and I was going to start taking care of my own hair so she thought the relaxer would give me some help. After I had gotten my third relaxer(so my hair was still thick), one day I was caught in the rain and all of my hair got wet. Once I was home I let my hair air dry however my ends were horribly dry and damaged so I cut off 3-4 inches of hair to begin my transition. Since I had natural hair all of my life this was a sharp contrast from what I was used to so I stopped getting relaxers when I was 13. African American hair is already very fragile and dry so it needs much attention, however relaxers make hair even more fragile and can cause dry hair, hair breakage, hair thinning, lack of hair growth, scalp irritation, scalp damage, hair loss. I was doing lots of damaging things to my when it was natural (like is currently and has been for the past 6 years) however it didn閳ユ獩 even hurt my hair that much. It still grew long, strong and healthy and now that I am learning things my hair has improved even more. With relaxed hair you must take extra precautions. I read that you relax a lot and you could be overprocessing your hair, make sure to stretch relaxers as long as possible and only relax the new growth. Relaxers damage hair by destroying the sulfide bonds in your hair which weaken hair and by changing the basic structure of the hair shaft. The chemical penetrates the cortex or cortical layer and loosens the natural curl pattern and in the process this strips hair of moisture. However you can still have a relaxer and has healthy hair that is thick and long by constant moisturizing, go to healthytextures.com, and you will see my hair inspiration Macheriamour and she has a relaxer(even though I refuse to get a relaxer). If you want more info just email me . Affirm relaxers are the best.



Does a perm dmagae your hair?

from the way i see this your not black soo....lol um



for people with your hair they usually do get a perm to turn their hair curly..lol try it out nothing wont happen



just get a kiddie perm like JUST FOR ME..something light on your head(if you've never gotten a perm before)



Does a perm dmagae your hair?

Perms can damage your hair, but if you take care of it correctly, it won't have any adverse affects unless you do it over and over and over again. It's like dying your hair. It's all chemicals. My hair is naturally wavy and when I try to further curl it, like yours, it falls out in a couple hours. My perm held up for about a month and that was it. It wasn't really worth the money for me. But you can always try it once, if you like it, just be careful how often you get them and make sure to keep your hair moisturized.



Does a perm dmagae your hair?

breaks down the hydrogen bonds then rebuilds them, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee