Saturday, November 28, 2009

Is there a way to keep my hair long without it getting stringy and looking messy?

I love long hair, but once my hair gets past my shoulders, it gets messy and stringy. It is thick, but very fine. It is also naturally strait. It only looks good for about 5 minutes after brush it. I wash it everyday, and sometimes twice a day (I have to or it gets oily and looks nasty, I have very oily skin). I have tryed all kinds of shampoos and conditioners, tryed letting it air dry and blow dry, nothing seems to work. I have to use conditioner or else it tangles so bad I can't get a brush through it.



It looks good short, and stays nice, but I want to have long hair and once it's past my sholders it gets messy.



Advice please... :)



Is there a way to keep my hair long without it getting stringy and looking messy?

Sound like you have hair similar to mine閳? from shoulder to mid back its annoying 閳?usually I kept it in a pony tail or a bun閳? it got more manageable as it got longer 閳?now at 36 inches ;)



Anyway - I LOVE the results I get from 閳?like dove extra volume shampoo %26amp; weightless conditioner, concentrate on the ends - use a wide tooth comb to comb conditioner thru hair and remove tangles閳?the scalp doesn閳ユ獩 need much and finish with a cold as you can stand rinse閳?



Wash before bed and use a medium hold, body enhancing products like閳? paul mitchel hair sculpting lotion wrap into loose ring and tie with strips of cloth or ribbons閳? an I use nexus volume hold finisher for setting..



on days i don't do rag curls i just brush fluf - using dove volume body and lift mousse scrunch and use bobby pins or small clips to loosely hold waves in place閳? or I twist in into a loose bun with french hair pins閳? spray with finisher...



I get my hair cut once a year and I don閳ユ獩 have a problem with spilt ends, but you have to careful with it to avoid them 閳? don閳ユ獩 use heat appliances on hair, never put any metal clips on you hair 閳?use pony holders they have no metal and tied them loosely閳? give yourself a deep conditioning treatment once a week - using a deep conditioner put on e plastic shower cap relax for 20 min or so and rinse閳?br>Is there a way to keep my hair long without it getting stringy and looking messy?



one piece of advice...don't wash it every day....it washes the natural oils out of your hair....and a way you can get your hair trimmed every once and a while to keep it from looking messy.....



Is there a way to keep my hair long without it getting stringy and looking messy?

Dont wash it everyday and get your ends trimmed every 6-8 weeks.



Is there a way to keep my hair long without it getting stringy and looking messy?

Hi. My hairdresser always tells me to get regular steams. It does work. Your hair woould look healthier and be a whole lot more managable.



Is there a way to keep my hair long without it getting stringy and looking messy?

dnt use moose n it wont get stringyuse dove lotion for oily skin



Is there a way to keep my hair long without it getting stringy and looking messy?

i'd say get regular trims, every 6-8 weeks.



and instead of washing with shampoo and then conditioner, try these options:



1.try a conditioner only wash = dont use a shampoo. every other day. or



2. a cwc wash. start by conditioning the ends. leave to work for 2 minutes. shampoo your scalp without rinsing the conditioner. Rinse. recondition. wait 2 minutes. rinse. This might prove to be the better approach coz it helps with the messy ends and yet help your oily scalp.



try reading through hair forums/websites.



I personally like www.longhairlovers.com



Good luck



Is there a way to keep my hair long without it getting stringy and looking messy?

Getting it trimmed every 6-8 weeks is a must. Also try not to run your fingers through it, that makes it oily. One other thing, when you use conditioner apply it to your ends first and work you way up, but dont put any on the top of your head. Your natural oils will take care of the top.



Is there a way to keep my hair long without it getting stringy and looking messy?

You need to have a hair treatment plan.



Try Dove Intense Moisture shampoo + conditioner.



http://www.dove.us/your_hair/intense_moi...



Once a week deep condition your hair with Organic Root Stimulator HAIR MAYONNAISE.



http://www.organicrootstimulator.com/pro...



You mention you have oily skin, You should wear a ponytail or bun for a while so you can focus on treating your skin.



Use a small amount of hair gel to keep your hair in place while in a ponytail or bun.



For you skin, try using Clean %26amp; Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser.



http://cleanandclear.com/products/facial...



I have oily skin and I use this product.



If you wear makeup, I suggest using MAC products. They are great for combatting oily skin.



For foundation, I use MAC Studio Fix



http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr...



and for a touch ups I use MAC Blot Powder.



http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr...



Is there a way to keep my hair long without it getting stringy and looking messy?

Only put conditioner on your ends for less oily hair, and before blowdrying, run mouse through it. Your hair wont be huge, dont worry. layer it so it wont be stringy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee