Friday, November 27, 2009

Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

ok so my hair is naturally curly but i usually straighten it. but i dont always like to straighten it but wen i let it go curly i just brush it and it is fine but when it dries it gets all notted and grose almost like dred locks:{



any tips??? plz



Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

I have the BEST tips for you. I have extremely curly blonde hair, and if you ever try to brush it while its wet and ecspecially dry its disasterous.



-Try Redken smoothe down or Redken all soft shampoo and conditioner. A few times a week dont wash out your conditioner. Leave it in overnight and wash it out in the morning. When you apply conditioner, use a comb while in the shower to brush out your hair. Dont brush it once youve washed out the conditioner. AND dont use a brush, use a comb. If you decide to always wear your hair curly, dont wash it overnight. Only wash it 3 times a week. You can condition it as much as your heart desires but shampoo dries out curly hair a lot. One more thing, whenever you do rinse out the conditioner, do it in cool water. Cool water helps seal the hair molecules together, less chance of horrible frizzing to occur.



-Hair products are KEY to curly beautifulness. The best products are Paul Mitchell, leave in conditioner (its blue creme) A strong hair gel. Put these in while the hair is wet but not dripping wet. I also put more in once the hair is dry bc it tends to try and frizz out on me. A little bit of hair spray sometimes does some good also. Garnier Fruitis products have shown to be pretty helpful also.



If the hair is almost completely dry and theres still some frizzing goin on, go buy one of those squirt bottles and fill it with water and a little bit of massage oil. You can get some at bath and body works, earthsavers, orgins, etc..It wont make your hair greasy, unless you pour a **** load of oil into the bottle. Anyways just spray the hair to get it a little wet again and put more products in with the now applied oil.



Dont use hair driers or anything like that, curly hair loves to air dry.



You can also consider going to a TRUSTED hair stylist and have them do something called a chemical relax. Its like a perm but in reverse. It wont straighten the hair but it will



loosen the curl.



Finally, once the hair is dry, try not to touch it too much.



Good luck with your beautifully luscious curls.



Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

Use conditioner and mousse or gel if needed. It sounds to me like you have dry hair from all that straightening.



Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

put it up in a bun or ponytail something simple. try ellegirl.com for tips



Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

Never run a brush through curly hair. Add product to your wet hair like a straightening product and a leave in conditioner. Then comb with a WIDE tooth comb.



Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

I have natural curls. I have to use a good conditioner in the shower then before I rinse off the conditioner I brush it out good, then I rub some vaseline in my hair, mostly ends, just a bit, then rinse everything. After I have to use a good leave in conditioner in my towel dried hair. I let it dry naturally.



Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

Try using a product that will make the cuticle lay down like Rusk sheer brilliance or go to a beauty supply likes Sallys and ask them for something to make the cuticle lie flat. That will help alot. Also give your hair a deep conditioning first.



Also Infusion is good. My daughter uses both on her curly hair and it tames it enough to be more manageable and not knotty.



Good luck!



Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

You could try a moisturizing shampoo, conditioner, and cream or mousse to help keep it soft and healthy when you arent straightening it. And you should use a hair mask once a week. I think Sunsilk's tlc line is supposed to be good.



Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

Use Biolageé–³?Shielding Shine Mist. Spray after shower (not too much) and it dries so soft and smooth and curls look shiny and healthy.Well for me it did =} Oh and Dove shampoo and conditioner changed my hair life forever =P



Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

You need to use some type of detangler when you shampoo your hair. After you let the detangler sit in your hair for about 5 minutes, comb through your hair, with the detangler still in, with a wide tooth comb. Once you do that and your able to comb through without any problems, rinse out without moving the hair to much. For example you wash your hair in the shower, comb all of you hair back, if you wash it in the sink, comb all of your hair foward and rinse out that way. If you are going to let your hair air dry do blot with a towel to roughly. Ring the water ot of your hair and then blot with the towel gently. Like pull down on your hair, don't squeeze like some people do. Use like a soft mousse and light coat your hair and comb through. This should seperate the hair, to were when it dries it won't tangle together and the hair should not be too hard. Please don't forget to condition your hair since you have been straightening it. Do a deep condtioner about every 2 weeks or so. That should help put some life back into your hair, too. I hope I've helped. Good luck!!



Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

It's really in the technique you use. BUT, perms are to curl your hair, and you don't want to do that. I have curly hair, and I hate it, too. This is my method of keeping it as straight as possible. It's taken me years to get this method down, and it works for me.



1. The longer the hair is the straighter it will be because the weight pulls the curl out. Mine is a few inches below my shoulders because I now like a little "shape" to it, but I used to wear it almost waist length and it really straightened it out then.



2. I never wash it more than twice a week because it makes it look fly-away and frizzy. And rainy/humid days make it go straight to mega-curl!



3. Never brush wet hair....it can cause split ends, so comb it.



4.After I wash and condition and towel dry, I comb through a good leave-in conditioner to helpt it look less frizzy. It's called Bio silk ($20-$22 a bottle that lasts about a year)



5.Always dry it, dont let it dry naturally because that promotes curl. Blowdry it. When I blow dry it, I use one of those comb things that fist on the end of the dryer, and dry it by pulling the comb through. Make sure it's all dry before you stop. Leaving it damp promots curl!



6. After I blowdry, I use a larger barrel curling iron to control it in the right style. Then I only have to use the curling iron each morning between washes.



Of course if you want it to be "board straight", and it's really long you could always iron it, like we used to do in the 60's, or roll it up on really huge rollers (like frozen orange juice cans) to give it a gentle flip at the bottom.



Good luck. And, I feel your "pain" -- LOL!



Curly hair help??? plz!!!?

You should try a product called Aveda it works well but it can be a little expensive but it is the best hair product. I have really curly hair and It takes me forever to get ready to go someplace because of how curly it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee