Friday, November 27, 2009

Doing my own hair for prom... suggestions please!!?

my school has a combined junior and senior prom coming up this Saturday. I don't really have money to spare, so I'll be doing my own hair/makeup.. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I have a strapless, navy dress which has a fine black overlay with a diamond-shaped patern. at the points of all the diamonds are small jewels. It also has a black sash/ribbon at the waist. I bought these long, dangly earings, with a couple strands of a fine chain. The bottom of each strand has a small crystal, which just brush my collarbones.



I'm wondering what the best way to do my hair would be... I have fairly thick hair, which is kinda curly/wavy when wet, but is easily straghtened my combing it out. It comes to about mid sholder blade, and is a varying mix of blonde, brown, and (it's new surprise shade) red. I have natural hightlights.



Any tips/pictures would be much appreciated. Also, is getting my make up done for free (Macy's) worth it? Will it look fake?



Thanks!!



Doing my own hair for prom... suggestions please!!?

OOO! That dress sounds soo cute! ok, well im not sure about macy's free make-up, but you could go to macys now and see if they do good make-up or not, and then if not, i think for your hair you should pull it back on the very top with like a bobby pin, and then curl the rest, that would look so cute!!! GOOD LUCK, HOPE I HELPED!!!



Doing my own hair for prom... suggestions please!!?

if your hair is longer; i would scrunch it.



if its shorter .. above shoulder lenght; then straighten it.



hope i helped. =]



Doing my own hair for prom... suggestions please!!?

Just like your avatar but use a silver fake flower. This way you can do your hair quickly and not have to worry about ruining it, since you can easily put it back up.



Doing my own hair for prom... suggestions please!!?

There are tons of websites which give ideas:



http://www.promhairstyles.net/



http://www.beautifulhairstyles.com/prom/



http://www.beautyriot.com/category.php?i...



I think you should straighten it and leave it down. Those fancy updo's take away from your face.



Def. get your make up done at Macy's- get a good lady and she'll do it so nice for you. =]



Oh yeah, your dress sounds soooo gorgeous!! But the earrings sound like they would make it tacky. Wear more classy and sophisticated pretty silver studs instead. Chandelier earrings are out.



Good Luck! Have fun!!



Doing my own hair for prom... suggestions please!!?

definitly wear it up if you have dangling earrings because otherwise they won't show.



Doing my own hair for prom... suggestions please!!?

i think getting makeup at the macys counter would look fine.... and for your hair:



http://www.latest-hairstyles.com/gallery...



or



http://www.latest-hairstyles.com/gallery...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee